Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Explorer Graphics View

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppearce

Technical User
Dec 31, 2002
US
Normally, when I view the contents of a Folder which contains JPEG files, the files pop up as Thumbnails. All of a sudden, they are not.
I have set View/Thumbnails, and I have associated JPEG files with Irfanview. (did this over a year ago)
The only thing I can think of that might cause a conflict is that I have installed Photoshop 7.0, and when I invoke it's File Browser, I do get thumbnails of my graphic files.
Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this?
Thanks.
Phil

Have you set the View menu in Explorer to Thumbnails (and not Icons or Details)? If you want all your folders to show the same thing go to Tool>Folder Options>View and hit the "Like Current Folder" button in the Folder Views frame.

Yes, the View Menu has been set to Thumbnails. Files of .gif or .bmp extension do show up as a thumbnail, but not JPG or JPEG. Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back