Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows eating Alt+s? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

webrabbit

MIS
Jan 31, 2003
US
I have a text editor which uses a huge number of keystrokes using a combilation of Alt, shift and Ctrl in many combinations, includeing none of those in combinatin with other keys. Lately the Alt+s keystroke has quit working, yet other keystrokes work just fine. Is Windows eating the Alt+s keystroke? If so, what does it mean to Windows? I could assign that function to another keystroke, but it has been Alt+s for over 20 years, so I would like another solution if there is one.

It's always possible it could be a bug in PE32.
Can you remap your function to another control for a while then remap again to Alt+s?

just something I would try for the grins.

sam

Actualy, I can map another key-stroke to Alt-S, then I can try Alt+S from time to time to see if it is working. When editing COBOL source code, the function Alt+S is mapped to is a little fifferent from the one mapped to while editing other files. So I can map, say Alt+Shift+S to Alt+S, and thus automatically change both versions.

This language specific mapping (among other language specific functions) is one of the features of PE32 that I especially like.

sounds like a plan and good luck...let us know when you get this back to normal.

sam

I have mapped Ctrl+Shift+S to generate the Alt+S sequence. It works just fine in whatever mode I am in. Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back