Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows DHCP and Mitel 3300 VoIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac1988

IS-IT--Management
Oct 27, 2007
GB
Hi Guys,

Sorry if im being stupid but i have a Windows SBS 2003 box and a Mitel 3300 VoIP unit. At the moment I have to keep both networks on different switch's, both devices taking control of the DHCP.

Does anyone have any idea's how I can run both the phones and computers on the same switch.

Im not sure how to tell the phones to point to a different router(Mitel box) to the desktops(gateway)

Thank you very much for any assistance.

Ask in the Mitel Forum for more details

If you havent done already then I would definitely recomend.... actually, I would insist that you setup a VLAN for voice.With the priority be given ahead of data!

You can also disable the 3300 DHCP server and use your own DHCP server so that you only use the one DHCP server on one network,but if your network is not configured correctly in the first place then you really need to be informed by a professional networking guru for your particular needs.Unfortunatley I'm NOT one of those guru's. Maybe someone on the Mitel forum can help you as there are some good networking guys there. The link above should take you there.If not then the forum is withing the Phone Systems-Wiring closet here on Tek-Tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back