Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheikh1

Programmer
Feb 19, 2003
MR
i wrote a database program
using delphi5 proffesional and interbase5
i can run it on windows2000 professional and
windows 98,
but my boss want to install windowsxp on our machines
can i encounter some problems in using this software on
client machine that us winxp.

i will be appricieted for any answer.

If you can run it on win2000, you shouldn't have any compatibility problems with XP. There are a few minor issues with NT(xp&2000) vs. 98/95, but if you are running 2000 and 98 then you shouldn't have anything new to worry about. In fact, you can have your program run under compatibility mode for win 98 if you want (in XP).

Brian
"There are 2 kinds of people in the world, those that divide people into two groups and those that don't. I belong to the second group." - tag line I stole

Speaking of compatibility, I've got Win2K on here, and I pulled out an old copy of Myst. Unfortunately, it wants Windows 95 to run, not NT. I've done a couple searches on the MSoft site, as well as on here, and I'm like 80% sure I've seen a compatibility mode tab somewhere, but, can't rememeber where I picked it up. Anyone know how to get it to show up?

Running Win2K Pro.

GOD I love the smell of NOS in the morning.

I think compatibility mode was introduced in XP.

Brian
"There are 2 kinds of people in the world, those that divide people into two groups and those that don't. I belong to the second group." - tag line I stole

I'm using it on W2k with SP2, so it must be introduced earlier [2thumbsup]

HTH
TonHu

To the best of my knowldge, you have not "compatibility mode" in Win2K (but I barelly use another Win2K but server versions, so my be I'm wrong and "Pro" have it).

On XP/2K compatibility, if you are not messing with the windows non client areas and you have the same rights you have in 2K (what is sometimes difficult with XP HE) you'll be fine.

buho (A).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back