Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Clustering

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDugsBaws

Technical User
Oct 23, 2007
EU
Hi,

I am running Legato Networker 7.4 on a Windows server. I am trying to backup 4 physical & 4 virtual nodes within the one group but when I kick off the group I get "probe abandoned" and "Severe indications at completion" in the log files.

I can ping, reverse lookup & rpcinfo these clients and all looks ok so the probe abandoned message seems odd. Also, the saveset I am using is 'All' so it's not as though the directories don't exist.

The nodes are Win 2003 server. Is there any config, besides installing the client software, that needs to be carried out?

Thanks

Hi,

Can you run a manual backup from one of the clients? You can also try to run the savegrp command instead of starting it from the GUI and add -v for verbose and see if you get any clerar messags.

Hey Rif,

I've run the preview command & the no save commaned i.e. savegrp -pv -G XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Both return the 'probe abandoned' message to me.

Try NetWorker user on your client and see if you can start with a backup from there.

Also check that all your aliases for the clients are listed in the alias field.

Thanks Rif. If I couldn't start the backup from there, what are we looking at? DNS on the client side infrastructure?

If you can't start the backup from the client, you would hopefully get a better error message. But in either case, you must ensure that all aliases are set up correctly and can be reversed looked up too. You can always try hosts-files if you are using DNS, just to rule out the name lookup.

Thanks Rif,

We are using DNS and it appears the backup problem was DNS related. Thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back