Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows based CMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

trent101

Programmer
Nov 4, 2005
AU
Hey,

Ok I have read a good thread on people recconmending a CMS, however I am hosted with a windows server, so need a windows CMS.

I have notced alot of CMS's (mambo, drupal) are for unix, so I am wondering can anyone suggest good ones for windows?

I have found one, Plone, however I need to get my host to install it, so I would like to find the best one so I dont have to get them to remove it in order for me to try another one. I cant find a demo for plone either.

I am after a simple one that does the job - allows a user with no experince of html to be able to edit content, add new pages and images etc....

Thanks in advance for your time.

Why not download and install some locally?

Plone has a fairly steep learning curve and is really a whole different league to things like Mambo and Drupal.

Many of the more common Open Source CMSs just need PHP to run and many will work with different databases.
PHP can be run under IIS so maybe your solution might be to get PHP working on your Windows server and find a CMS that will support whatever database server is available to you.

<honk>*:O)</honk>
Foamcow Heavy Industries - Web site design in Cheltenham and Gloucester
Ham and Jam - British & Commonwealth forces mod for Half Life 2

Hmm, i'm not sure where this headed but i remember being at a technet meeting about 3 or 4 years ago around the launch of Win2k3 and i'm sure the afternoon presentation was on a website/intranet CMS that was built by MS them selves.

Maybe worth looking around for.

Rob

Ok,

I finally found a cms and thought I should let you know.

I decided to try Etomite, and i'm glad that I did. I was surprised at how flexible, and extremely easy to use this software is. I also find it hard to belive that it's open source.

Its runs on php and even though I have never programmed in it before, i found it quite easy to write code to customise my site.

I would recconmend Etomite to anyone looking for a simple cms to get the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back