Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Backup/Restore Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash2007in

IS-IT--Management
Jun 8, 2007
NG
Hi,

Recently one of my Win2K Server has crashed, and all the data lost. I had been backing up the data on DDS 20/40gb tapes, using Windows proprietary Backup solutions from the server that crashed.

Now, I am trying to restore data from the tape using another server.. but the tape is not getting recognized! I am unable to catalog the new tape inserted, and hence cant go any further!!

Pls advice how to retreive data from the tape using other Win2K server which is using identical tape drive & is identical IBM x220 server to the one crashed!

Thanks.

If Windows can identify your tape drive correctly make sure you are indeed using the same drivers as the old server. Are you able to use other tapes (blank tapes) and perform format/backup/restore from it?

yes, am able to format/backup/restore from this 2nd server properly using other tapes.what is not happening is that the tapes holding backups r not being recognised !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back