Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Authentication After Connection Through VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

breitman

Technical User
Aug 7, 2003
US
I have the following situation... I have a Windows 2000 SBS on which I am running the Microsoft VPN. I have several Independent Sales Reps (not part of our company) that require access to selected files... I have created USERids in AD for these people (which is how they authenticate to setup the VPN and how access to the files is set as well). The problem is that on their notebook computers they are logging in locally and not to the domain. Once through the VPN, their local login is queried for access control to the files on the server... How do I get them to authenticate for file access on the server with the same credentials that they used to connect to the VPN?

On the client VPN connection settings, under the Options tab, have them select include Windows logon domain. When they connect to your network the next time, they will have to enter the domain name as well as their username and password. This should resolve the issue.

that is already set... but priveledges are still falling back to how the logged into the desktop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back