Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows application print problem following migration from NT to XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

holmeann

IS-IT--Management
Nov 13, 2002
GB
Upgrading of windows desktops from NT to XP has resulted in a number of printing issues for PowerBuilder client applications. The application uses special forms (paper sizes) set up on the print server and previously these were selectable from within PB development environment. The forms no longer appear within the list of forms to be selected on the developer's XP PC - this list doesn't match the form list on the print server anymore.

The problems we are experience appear to be related to form sizing (pre-printed paper) & fonts (adversely affecting print speed).

I have developed applications with the same case, printing checks. I have not had problems.

what´s your pb version ?

We are using PB v8.0.3 (build 9704). We now think the problem is related to the font being used, for some reason this is set to 'quadro' (historical performance issues). This font has never actually existed on the developer's desktop although it's possible to type it in and it appears in the PB code as the defined 'font-face'. We assume NT chose the 'next best' font and probably XP is chosing something different hence the issues we are having (we now have more fonts on the XP machines).

I am using the same version than you...
My checks could be edited by the user, changing the size, type, color and position. When I changed the font, it causes several problems, ´cause there is clients who printing your check with old printers ( matrix ).We decide to use Times New Roman ´cause we have not problems printing and most of users ( almost 100% ) only want to print, no selecting fonts.
As you tell me, I would test using a standard font first.

The others reports, we use MS San Serif font with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back