Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Antivirus 2012 has found critical process activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

bindu143

Technical User
Sep 8, 2009
GB
Hi

We have window 2003R2 and IIS6 installed on our intranet server on out company's network.
From home when i type the company address directly into the web browser on my laptop it takes into the company website without any problems.

But if i google the company website and click the company website from google.I get a dialog box which says Message from web page.Windows Antivirus 2012 has found critical process activity on your PC and will perform fast scan of system files! If i cancel it opens a web page as shown below in the link.

But why this is happening only if i go through google. Is there any redirection happening from the google link to
We have Sophos antivirus installed on the server.

Thanks

If you hover over the google link and read the status bar I doubt you will see your websites address. This could be a spoof website. Just out of interest how do you access an INTRANET site from home? Are you using a VPN connection? By the way I think this topic belongs in the browser forums.

[sub]"Nothing is impossible until proven otherwise"[/sub]​

I hovered over the google link and the status bar shows our companys website address.Sorry it is our companys internet server , which is hosted within our network.It is been configured to access internally and externaly using our web address.

Windows Antivirus 2012 is NOT an real antivirus app

It is "ScumWare" that mimics a drive scan tells you have some "infections" then when you click "fix" you are taken to a website that will promptly steal your credit card details should you be dumb enough to put them in their "payment page".

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back