Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows AD upgrade changes Exchange 2000 mode??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lengoo

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2002
GH
Hi guys
I changed my AD from mixed mode to native mode in Windows 2000.. should this upgrade the Exchange 2000 mode to Native also as I noticed when I look at the properties in ESM.. it still says Mixed Mode.
Thanks

AD native windows 2000 mode is possible when all your domain controllers are windows 2000.

Exchange 2000 native mode is possible when all of your Exchange server are Exchange 2000. It's not the same thing, and is set seperately. See for information on preparing your Exchange org for the switch to native mode.

I just read this document ( )

and tried to follow it. It says to:
3. From the left pane in the Exchange System Manager program, click to expand Administrative Groups, click to expand AdminGroup, click to expand Folders, and then click to expand Public Folders.
4. Right click Public Folders and click View System Folders.

When I click on Public Folders to expand or I select View System Folders, I get the same message:
"The object is no onger available. Press F5 to refresh the display and then try again. ID#80040e19 Exchange System Manager.

I have been looking at KB325923, but my system does not match the conditions it lists. I only have one network adapter, and I only have one IP address assigned to my network adapter.
So there must be another cause for this that they do not list.

I found the solution in KB 282125

My default web site had a Host Header name defined, which is apparently not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back