Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 98se wont see CDRW

Status
Not open for further replies.

gads12

MIS
Mar 13, 2000
US
I have a Panasonic(Matshushita)CDRW model
CW-7585-B It was working fine for a while, when I went to use it the other day the drive was not present in windows (98se)the BIOS does detect the drive, it shows up on the list at bootup I have checked for loose cables etc..
Have removed Both CD drive's and reinstalled but Windows will not see the CDRW.
I running 2 Cd's in this system an ACER 50x and the CDRW. the mother Board is a
ASUS P5A-B running on a AMD K6 3 450 CPU, 128 meg RAM also have a 20 gig UDMA 2 and a 4.3 gig UDMA 2 hardrives installed.
[sig]<p> Glenn<br><a href=mailto: glenns@wtco.net> glenns@wtco.net</a><br><a href= Glenn & Jims Bass Fishing Site</a><br> [/sig]

have you looked under Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager Tab, and check to see if you get any Yellow or Red Circles? Also is this a SCSI burner or an IDE burner. [sig]<p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.com>kb244@kb244.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)<br>
[/sig]

Thanks for your reply kb244 But I just fixed it!! I went and downlaoded and installed the newest IDE drivers for the Asus P5A-B motherboard from the ASUS site, and that correct the issue, still dont know why this problem started all of a sudden the CDRW drive has been in the PC and working fine for 6 months with no problems, maybe IDE drivers got corrupt any way it's all set. [sig]<p> Glenn<br><a href=mailto: glenns@wtco.net> glenns@wtco.net</a><br><a href= Glenn & Jims Bass Fishing Site</a><br> [/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back