Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Dec 22, 2002
US
I have a computer with Windows98. I am unable to access My computer, My documents, Recycle bin, Control panel and briefcase. I receive an error that states "Explorer caused an invalid page fault i module INEB.DLL". Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this problem. I real need to gain access to all the files on this machine. Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

2 options spring to mind.

go to start, select run, type SFC

then let windows determine what has changed...

Or put your windows 98 disk in your cd rom, browse to the setup and run windows 98 set up (it is essential you do this inside windows and NOT in dos). Windows will then reinstall its files "hopefully" getting rid of your problem, but certainly not getting rid o your data.

P.

P

I tried both suggestions but still have the same problems.

From a Google search:
"Joe, you have inadvertently downloaded and installed the I-Lookup Toolbar. This is the program which contains that dll file as well as a couple of others, that's causing the problem. The easiest way to get rid of it is to uninstall the toolbar by going here and download the uninstall program. It's a small file that you can download to your desktop or you can make it on another machine and put on a floppy then transferred to your computer. Just double click on it and it will uninstall the toolbar. Uninstall I-Lookup Toolbar. I would also follow up with SpyBot to get rid of any other ad or spyware on yopur system. MrC"

To uninstall the I-Lookup Toolbar please click on the following link and when prompted click 'open'

I would run Ad-Aware and SpyBot to get rid of spyware.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back