Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 98 will not run the logon script

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2003
US
I can logon to the Windows 2003 domain just fine, but the logon script does not run. I can browse the server shares and see the logon batch file, but it does not seem to run. It works fine on win2k and winXP, just not on 98.

Televison will make radio obsolete.

Little bit more info is needed here. Where are you running the logonscript from? Is it specified in Group Policy or in the useraccount? Windows 98 can't read group policies, so you should fill in the right fields in AD Users & Computers and put the loginscript itself in the Netlogon folders. Also make sure that the extension of the batchfile is not .cmd, but .bat.

Hope this helps,

hanz.

Thanks Hanz,
I was trying to use group policy, so I copied the logon.bat file into the netlogon directory and put the path in my profile under Active Directory Users and Computers, and it still would not run when I logged in. Nuts I was hopping that would fix it.

One quick note... when entering the logon script in the AD users & computers, make sure you just put just the name of the logon script (i.e. login.bat) and not the full path. It will default to the netlogon share of the dc's.

Good luck...

ya I had put the full path in there, even though I new better. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back