Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 98 SE and Wireless connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebis

Programmer
Aug 16, 2004
US
Howdy all,

I have been succesfully running a wireless network using a winxp laptop, and 2 winxp PC's for a few months now, without issue.
Recently Me and the Wife boughtour boy a PC for chritmas, and equiped it with a D-Link dwl-520 rev b wireless pci ad apater. Just after xmas I put it all together and installed the adapter, and all its software. Now I am having issue with trying to connct to the wireless network.

I have setup and run xp/98 wired networks before, without much of an incident, but seem unable to make this one go.

I am using the out of the box connection software from d-link. It shows both the ssid and MAC of the router, and gives me the option to connect to it. However, when i hit the connect button nothing happens. Nothing, no beeps no messages, nowt. Does anyone have any ideas what could be going wrong?

The other 3 machines all dropped stright in.

Take the PCI adapter back to the store and try USB.

upgraded the drivers to no avail. Finally found a software update, and that seemed to fix the problem.

/Sib
programmer in the making
e-mail: siberdude@ntlworld.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back