Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 98 operating errors 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

iseeit

IS-IT--Management
Jun 17, 2001
GB
Have received the blue screen 'OE 0028:C00069F8 in VxD VMM(01)+ 000059F8 called from 0028:C004B707 in VxD VFAT(01)+00009F4B' How do I resolve the cause of this?

i had a silimar problem, in my case it was that the CPU was over clocked, (you can change this by going into the CMOS settings and then going into CPU PnP setup), but you could also running the system file checker and the registry checker, it is possible it could by a memory problem.
you could also try going to the microsoft knowledge base and and checking for the error number speciffically.

You have a problem in your file system. VFAT is your virtual file allocation table, and I would suspect that vfat.vxd has gotten corrupted.

First try using System File Checker (Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Information) then look in the tools menu. Run this and see if there are any corrupted files. Restore them from the installation CD if there are. (I like to skip the backup feature if I am restoring from the installation CD, because it leaves a second version on the system.)

I hope this works, but I am not overly optimistic about it. The last time that I had one of these (with a lot of other problems as well) I ended up totally reinstalling Windows.

Good Luck

tkral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back