Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 98 on W2K domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

micon55

MIS
Feb 22, 2001
GB
I realise that this may seem like a really stupid question, but;
I work at a college with Win 98 desktop machines. They logon to a W2K domain. This works well.
However, whenever a user logs on to a machine, they are prompted to enter a windows password for the next time they log on. We do NOT want this to happen. We would like to have a default windows password for all domain users.

I have tried deleting the *.pwl files, erased all password entries from system.ini, selected windows as the primary logon, selected 'all users will use the same profile' from Control Panel. STILL this darn window appears every time a different user logs on.

Please help!

Many Thanks
M

Are you saying this problem is logging on to a local machine or into the server?????
If the local 98 machine delete the pwl files again but when you boot up add a name but leave the password blank.
If the server then this will depend on the administrator settings Take control of your life, not someone else's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back