Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 98/IE 6(SP1) 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siberd

Technical User
Jun 24, 2001
US
Howdy folks.
Have just finished building a system out of spare parts for sale, and have come accross an issue I've never seen before.
This is a completely fresh install. The hard drive was completely clean prior to install. I have tried multiple graphics cards, and moniters, ensuring all the drivers are up to date.

The problem is under internet explorer (originally 4.0, but it is not resolved after installing the updates to 6, or service pack 1) Jpeg image files appear distorted, on any webpage, its almost as if the browser does not support them. I tried pretty much everything I could think of, eventually opting for a fresh install. Even this did not resolve the problem. I find myself stumped. I was wondering if anyone had seen/heard of this problem before and knew of anything which may be of help to me.
Many thanks for your time,

/Sib
programmer in the making
e-mail: siberdude@ntlworld.com

Just to update:
I have just installed ME on the system. Again, the jpegs are distorted. I had hoped the updated system would possibley have correctly configured which ever point of the jpg compression is faulty. Sadly not. One of the first problems to stump me.
:(

/Sib
programmer in the making

Ah ha!
Yeah, I never truely thought it was a software issue, but when you start running out of things to try you take even the smallest things to task.
I switched the chip for another known to work, and the system is now, dare i say, perfect.
I had not heard of this before now, many thanks for the info, I'm sure it will come in handy in the future.
Many, many thanks for taking the time to help,

/Sib
programmer in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back