Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 98 Clients being disconnected

Status
Not open for further replies.

akakillroy

IS-IT--Management
Jan 6, 2004
US
I am experiencing a problem where I have several Windows 98 clients who connect to the windows 2000 server, drives are mapped, then after about an hour or so, they are disconnected somehow, and they have to restart their machines to get connected again. If the just log out and then back in, they are told there is no domain to connect too. Anyone experienced this before? I have did the normal stuff and searched the KB at MS but nothing seems to pertain to my situation, also searched here and found nothing related. Thanks!

There are some known issues when connecting Windows 98 workstations to a Windows 2000 server, you might want to check out:

And see if that helps you resolve your problem, also when installing certain network print drivers on a Windows 98 machine they sometimes can mess up your TCP/IP registry settings that can cause situations like this, you might want to uninstall and reinstall TCP/IP on the machines having this problem and see if that corrects it.

Ok great I will try that and let you know, Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back