Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 95 User Preferences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2001
GB
Having not used Windows 95 in years (and in fact still not using it), I'm having trouble helping someone out.

They have 95 with an old version of IE installed. Whenever they view jpgs, it opens in IE (thats OK). However, it always opens in a small window rather than fully maximised. Since the Operating Systems I use (98, ME and NT) all seem to stick to what you did last, I don't know what to tell him.

Does 95 have this feature, or is there somewhere where you can set it? Isn't it something like hold down shift when you close the window?

Thanks

If I recollect correctly, you can set it to open full screen, which gets annoying, in the Internet Settings in Internet Explorer. --Sapient2003 - sapient@sapient2003.com

Resize the existing window to be the size you want by dragging the window edges. Having got a size window you can live with, then hit your F5 (Refresh) key a couple of times to make Windows notice the change. You should find that subsequent new windows open the selected size; however, don't expect it to be a permanent condition. <grin>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back