Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows 95 client not running the logon script 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tp205

MIS
Feb 14, 2002
US
Hello
I have a problem i have installed the ad client on my windows 95 machines (just 6) but they do not run the login scripts. I have used the policy editor and put one out there but they still do not map the drives.
Any suggestions my boss is breathing down my neck.

Ola..

Same problem here. Not fixable. Use static drive mappings at the clients pc.
98 Has the same problem.

Cheers

The logon Scripts must be in the &quot;WINNT\SYSVOL\sysvol\<domain.com>\scripts&quot; folder. And on the user properties, reference the file by name only, do not put the path in the logon scripts line. &quot;filename.bat&quot;

P.S.
My post above is for W2K Server with AD installed. If your running NT 4.0, the script must be in the &quot;netlogon&quot; share.

Just for anyone else. before i did what jdwalker suggested. I put a bat files on the machines and a Pif in the start up group.
Why, this way the machine time sync and map drives. but if you really want things to work right do what KD said to do.
;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back