Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 7 "Start windows normally" behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedsmith

Programmer
Nov 23, 2000
AU
Can't see a specific forum for Windows 7 so I post this odd question here because obviously the learned still inhabit this forum.

If I switch off my Win7 32 bit machine prematurely I usually get the normal message to either start in safe mode of "Start windows normally". If I do nothing it eventually starts automatically but takes about 300 seconds to do this.

I seem to remember in my old computers it was usually about 30 seconds.

When I check Computer properties, the two delay settings there are 30 seconds.

Is there perhaps somewhere else this "Start windows normally" delay can be changed?

I stand corrected, I found the Windows 7 forum in the list that appears when I type in tek-tips.com in the browser. This is however then under Desktop Software (more). I was previously looking for something like "operating systems" which is why I didn't find it.

Windows 7 isn't always installed in a computer on a top of a desk!

Also I usually never see this list because I invariably open tek-tips from a link from someone else's email post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back