Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 7, Office 2010 and CallPilot Desktop 5.0.41.112

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viver

Technical User
Apr 27, 2004
US
We've been chasing these issues for awhile and have not gotten anywhere - so I will see if someone here can assist.

We are in the process of upgrading from Windows XP, Office 2003. We are also upgrading our Exchange Server to 2010.

The issue I am having with user who is still on the old exchange server: They were running client 5.00.41.99 and had unchecked the Use Call Pilot form and were able to forward faxes via Outlook (not using the Call Pilot form). Now, if we attempt to uncheck it - using the new Call Pilot client, we receive "an unsupported operation was attempted" and usually freezes my screen.

The other issue is for users who are testing our new Exchange Server 2010 SP1.

Voicemails seem to sit in the user's Outlook outbox and never go anywhere (sometimes they get an email from System Administrator - your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Tells me the recipient(s) not reached and then Unknown failure. The CallPilot transport could not submit the message to the servor for an unknown reason.

We are also using a CAS Load Balancer on our new Exchange server? Is there a setting or something we are missing?

Our CallPilot server is 4.?

Any assistance or guidance would be most appreciated. The first issue would make an attorney very happy to be able to forward his fax to assistant, etc. and just get the Outlook email (it worked in 5.00.41.99 on XP).

The second issue is a show stopper for us at this time...

Thank you!!!

Vivian

I have the same issue with Callpilot 5 server, Callpilot desktop messaging client 5.00.41.154 on some windows XP and Windows 7 PCs running Outlook 2010. It appears to be an issue with Outlook 2010 but I can't seem to figure out what is causing it. Did you ever get this issue resolved? If so, how did you fix it?

Regards,

Todd

What release is your Call Pilot server? You mentioned Rel 4 in your post and your using a Rel5 Desktop client. I dont believe a Rel 5 client is supported with a Rel 4 server.

If your CP server is Rel5 start with installing SU10 and use the latest Desktop client.(5.00.41.154) Looks like 5.00.41.156 will be out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back