Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WINDOWS 7 BSOD Folder Redirection

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 20, 2010
US
Hello to all,

I am receiving BSOD's on my freshly installed Win7 box.
<<<frustrating>>>

When I look at the event viewer I see the below error:

Failed to apply policy and redirect folder "Pictures" to "%HOMESHARE%\Users\msanchez\My Pictures".
Redirection options=0x9001.
The following error occurred: "".
Error details: "The specified path is invalid.

I assume this is what is causing the BSOD.

The computer is on a Windows2008 domain, and is setup as follows:

Windows 7 32 bit
Pentium 4 3.20ghz
1 gb ram

Where can I start troubleshooting this?
Any help is appreciated.

Thank You All,
Marco

TekSupporter
MCP, A+, CNA

My initial guess is that Windows is trying to set the path to the network location before the network is fully initialized. So, it'd be something with the network and/or network adapter, or else timing issues. I wonder if you could disable "reconnect at logon" for the connection to that network folder, such as with a Mapped Drive, and then if that'd eliminate the issue. So long as the drive exists, you'd still be able to browse it from "My Pictures". I don't know whether that'd have any affect on sync/backup programs, however.

When you look in the Event Viewer are there any other Red X's that can tell you what the actual Bugcheck code is? Do you know the BSOD screen error (it is the same as the Bugcheck code), if not you could also disable any Automatically Restart via Control Panel/ System/ Advanced System Settings.

Anything in these?

Using %homeshare% seemed like a good idea at the time.

The policy "Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon" is found:

Computer Configuration/ Administrative Templates/ System/ Logon

THe only detail i receive on this error is:

ErrorDetails: The specified path is invalid.

Is there a way to disable this feature locally on my workstation, or does it have to be done via the group policy.

Thank You,
Marco

TekSupporter
MCP, A+, CNA

Thank you all for the assistance. Although I haven't yet tracked the issue causing my problem, I am rechecking my GPO and local settings.

Thanks Again,
Marco

TekSupporter
MCP, A+, CNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back