Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows 64 bit client 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbagby

Technical User
May 26, 2004
US
Anyone using Netbackup 4.5 fp6 on windows 64 bit clients? Having status 41 network time out issues.

They may well be related to the "BUG" in FP6. I never went that route as far too many people experienced timeout issues. The only solution I know of - Upgrade to v5MP1 or downgrade to v4.5FP5

Thanks for the info. How much info can you give about the 'bug'? I can give you more details about our issue here if needed.

When you suggest upgrading or roll back to FP5 are referring to client, media and master?

Thank you.

Just wanted to add an update to this thread in case anyone runs into the same issue.

We currently set the communications buffer size to 65 on all of our windows clients. A setting of 64 plus 1 for overhead as described by Veritas.

64 bit Windows does not require the extra kb for overhead and will cause time out status 41 and hang the bpbkar. Changing the the comm size to 64 resolved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back