Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2K login problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

fterrazas

Technical User
Dec 29, 2000
ES
Hi, I have a client with windows2000 installed, a partner of my enterprise changed the domain of the pc and now I can login to the client windows 2000 computer, I think maybe the domain is wrong or mispelled...so how can I enter in the client windows2K without passing the ctrl-alt-del sig in process so I can change the domain or see what it's wrong with the PC, thanks for ur help.

At the logon propmt window you have the possibility to change the domain from a list odf domains. One of the "domains" from that list is itself name (the name of the computer). And choosing that means that you intend to logon locally.
Use an Administrative local account, disjoin, and then join to the domain that you want.

Gia Betiu
gia@almondeyes.net
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5, MCSE Win2K
new: (just started)

Hi, well in the login window there's no option to change the domain, so I can do that from the login window cause there's no place o list to change the domain, the only option that I have is to start the session using a phone conecction, is there anyway to skip the login window?

Is there an options button to push and then see the domain list?

No, like I said before when you push the options button only appear the "start the session usin phone connection" option nothing else nothing more

You may already be dijoined from a domain. If you can not see a domaon name, or cannot use the options button to see the domain name then you are not part of a domain. Log in with local admin accout (or any other local account with permissions) and join the domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back