Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2003 SRV Password Complexity problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

morlassino

IS-IT--Management
Jul 1, 2004
US
i have disabled this in the domain group policy and the OU group policy and it still is enforcing it how do i shut this feature off. I have tried everything help please!!!

MARIO P ORLASSINO
ASSISTANT MANAGER IT

Disable it at both Domain Controller Security Policy and Domain Security Policy. If you have Windows 2003 support tools installed on the server, run the command GPUDATE at the command prompt to refresh the policy

give us a shout and let's if this works

cheers

I believe there are three places where you can change this depending on where/what it is being applied to:

Account Policies in the Domain Security Policy, Domain Controller Policy Settings and Local Security Policy.

Sunil

Is this affecting local users or domain users?

I'm almost certain that the only policy that will affect domain accounts is the Default Domain Policy or a policy at domain root level.

maybe also the domain controllers policy, read it somewhere...
a bit vague, i know... sorry!

Aftertaf
if its not broken, fix it anyway - with luck you might break it and have an excuse

i am having this same problem, ive disabled it in both the domain security policy and in the domain controller security policy, what gives?

ok tried all these ideas still not working?

MARIO P ORLASSINO
ASSISTANT MANAGER IT

check ure setting theses are mine and it works for my 2003 server:

open GPO default domain policy
point to> comp config-security settings-account policies-password policy

you should see 6 settings ??
0 password
not defined
not defined
0 in lengh
disabled
disabled

pps will die with shock and horror at these settings however its the test server for me good luck

ok.. i finally figured this out.
After changing all the policies i had to reboot the server for the changes to stick. that was the only thing i never tried. Very Strange
thank you all for you help

MARIO P ORLASSINO
ASSISTANT MANAGER IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back