Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2003 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tazam

Technical User
Jul 6, 2006
US
Need some help please,

Setup VPN on my 2003 server, i can vpn into the connection with no problem. I see that i am pulling a IP address and all, but for some odd reason i cannot see the network. I have checked and checked all permissions. And allowed vpn connections in user groups.. Any tips or help would be greatly appriciated..
Thanks

I cannot \\remoteip. Its like there is no route setup..
I have been doing networks for long long time and this sure has me stumped. i can remote desktop fine, with no problems at all..

Soon as i VPN in, it connects, i pull a ip address from servers dhcp server and acts like there is no problem, but i have no access to any computer on the network nor the server. I created a error log for the vpn and there are no errors in it as of yet.. Only error i ever get is when i try to access something on my network from vpn it tells me i may not have permission. I know i have permission,

Thanks for your response....

Have you read:
faq463-2520

Get pinging!

Can you 1 ping the RAS server by IP then Name?

Can you 1 ping the any other server by IP then Name?

Can you connect using:
\\x.x.x.x\servershare
\\servername\servershare

If the server is static then can you add a mapping to your hosts file does that work with the above tests?

post the results.

Iain

I can only make the connection to the VPN..

Cannot ping the RAS server IP or Name

Cannot ping any ip on the network

if i try and connect useing \\x.x.x.x\servershare i get error to check permissions and to make sure i have access to that file.
Also, \\servername\servershare does same thing

The server is static, but its routed through a linksys router.
i forward the port..
Hope this helps

Have you got the same private IP range externally as being used in the company

i.e. 10.10.10.1?

FAQ any help?

What happens when you manually add the server ip to the clients' hosts file?
sys32\drivers\etc\hosts

IAin

Thanks for your response Spirit, last night i was messing around and it hit me like a TON of bricks.. I realized that my remote and server had the same private IP range.

Server 192.168.1.1

Remote 192.168.0.1

Works like a Charm..

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back