Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2003 Server Policy not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMisio

Technical User
Sep 26, 2005
BE
Ladies end Gents,

I have got a problem with GOPs in Windows 2003 Server AD.
I’ve got two domain controllers. One with SP1 and another one with SP2. I’ve created a test OU to test some policies.
The problem is that the policy which I’ve created is not being applied to my test OU. I have linked the policy, disabled inheritance, enforced it (no override), but still not working. When I check the GPO modeling in Group Policy Management, the policy which I’ve created seems to be the one that is being applied (winning policy.
The setting within the policy is to set the default home page to a whatever in IE. Tried everything, still not working.

Any ideas?

Regards,

have you tried putting the policy on the other server as this may be servicing the logon request first and therefore the policy on the other server is not running

Has the policy been replicated to all DC's successfully?

Also add a silly setting to it the GPO to see if that is applied successfully. That'll tell you if its the setting or the GPO which is the issue.

Iain

Thanks for your replies guys.
As it turned out it took several hours to replicate. Next day it was OK.
I wonder if it was due to different service pack levels.

Thanks again.

Michael

I suggest getting and installing the Specops GPUpdate (free) add in. With that you can easily force updates without waiting for the normal replication process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back