Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2003 Server network+VPN question

Status
Not open for further replies.

revururaj

IS-IT--Management
Jan 25, 2005
US
Hello all

Our company has two locations, one in Boston,and the other in Hartford. We just implemented windows 2003 based file server in Boston office.
We have 6 users work from hartford office.

The main task now is to able to connect the workforce from hartford office to the Boston office file server.

1.If i need to implement site-site to VPN., would i be able to run the same logon scripts as i do in Boston office?

Thanks,

I beleive yes, as long as the user connects to the VPN prior to logging on. My experience is minimal.When I connect via VPM, I get the logon scans only if I connect prior to logging on to my laptop.

Thanks

I beleive yes, as long as the user connects to the VPN prior to logging on. My experience is minimal.When I connect via VPM, I get the logon scans only if I connect prior to logging on to my laptop.

But how can i tell the VPN Client to start at the bootup?

Thanks,

There should be an option on the client. Under tools or something of that nature. You just have to look at it. Clients are diffreent. We use a Cisco client.

if you implement "site to site" vpn, you won't need to worry about client programs. site-to-site means the vpn will be between the hartford internet-facing device and the boston internet-facing device (or internal vpn server). the pc's will not know anything about the vpn. they will just send traffic to their default gateway, and it will route the traffic over the VPN if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back