Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2003 Server Error after Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

rflora

Technical User
Nov 26, 2003
CA
I recently restored my my Windows 2003 Servers from backup. One is a primary DC and other is as a secondary. The backup was made using Symantec LiveState Recovery. Restoration seemed to had gone just fine, but after a few days I noticed the AD replication was not working. I got that to work, but now I keep getting the following errors/warnings and information messages in Event Viewer.

System - Errors
Event ID: 4321 Source: NetBt
Event ID: 4 Source: Kerberos

System - Warning
Event ID: 3019 Source: MrxSmb

File Replication - Warning
Event ID: 13508 Source: NtFrs
File Replication - Information
Event ID: 13516 Source: NtFrs

Directory Services- Information ( I get the following info msgs every 10mins or so, then they stop for hours and every 10 mins or so again)
Event ID: 1394 Source: NTDS General
Event ID: 1404 Source: NTDS KCC
Event ID: 700 Source: NTDS ISAM

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get rid of these errors and messages? If you guys need more info to understand my situation please let me know. Thanks.

obviously your errors are coming from the restoration, the best way to get clean is to demote and promote ... but that would require getting all the FSMO rolls off -- chances are, you're going to have issues trying to demote ...

try these:

error 4321 is networking related, check DNS as well as NIC settings (ie correct mask)

error 4 / kerberos is having a problem with the name of the computer. never used symantec's live state, but i'm assuming it retains all SID's and stuff like that?

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate your help.

I checked the NIC settings and everything seems to be just fine. I've gone through the DNS as well, and again everything seems fine. But I'm not sure what I should be looking for in the DNS in regards to this error. Otherwise everything seems fine. Any clue's what I should look for, or what else could the reason be. Thanks again.

I just noticed something in dns. Since we two domain controllers. DC1 & DC2. In the DNS for both DC's, when i click on Forward Lookup Zones then in the right pane under Type it says Active Directory-Integrated Primary. And it says that for both. Should one be Secondary? Could that be some sort of a prob, or is ok to have both as primary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back