Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2003 Server as VPN server, 721 on client

Status
Not open for further replies.

siliond

Programmer
Aug 7, 2003
US
I have Windows 2003 Server configured to be VPN server. I succeed connecting from Windows 2000 as client, but I get 721 error when trying to connect from Windows XP.

Please help, thank you

I have the Same setup and I have the same problem.

I have a windows XP machine that doesn't seem to be able to VPN to our servers. If I have that same person use the windows 2000 machine it works fine. I was able to get the XP machine to connect 1 time but I have no clue why it worked. Any ideas?

It connects.. Verify's username and password then fails with 721 error.

Hey guys.

I have a similar problem but I have no idea if Win2k clients would work as we only have Win XP.

The really irritating thing is that Win XP clients are able to VPN to our old Win2k Server which we want to decommision but they experience the same Error 721 problem you have when they attempt to connect to Win2k3

Kind regards

Phil.

yep I have the same problem too - looks like no one has an answer yet :(

I used to have a artcile talking about this case but can't find it. Basically, if you can access VPN from win98 and W2k but not XP, it could be the hardware issue. Check the router firmware. or check these pages for addionatl information,

error 721 and error 800
... for all services to the IP address without any problems except the VPN connection.
I keep getting errors:721, or 800 when attempting to connect with XP ...
- Similar pages

disconnects with error 721
When I dial to a separate ISP, then run the XP Pro created VPN connection, ...
Reply: It was my router firmware. Related Topics. VPN Browsing Issues ...
htt;??

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back