Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2003 RAS Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VentimigliaA

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2004
US
Greetings All, on my company's network we are using Windows 2003 SBS as our DC. We use RAS as a VPN server, one night I tried logging in to our VPN and it wasnt working, I troubleshooted a bit and decided it was best to delete/reconfigure it.

Now the problem is after im done configuring our VPN server and when I go to start it I get this Error:

"The Routing and Remote Access service terminated with service-specific error 691 (0x2B3)."

"The currently configured accounting provider failed to load and initialize successfully. Access was denied because the username and/or password was invalid on the domain."

I've looked through MS for any solutions, but I only found them reguarding dialing in /authentication problems, none dealing with actually starting the service.

I checked what account "Routing and Remote Access" was trying to start under and it was the local system which is fine, but it will not run.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

-Anthony

Dont use SQL for the remote access logging, clear all settings and try again to start the service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back