Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2003 R2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2003
US
Has anybody tried this version with Macaola?

We're running it on our server that hosts eSynergy. Seems to be working just fine so far.

We are using 7.6.100a. I did get the error 114 that is listed in Macola Doc 11.285.101 and it appears to be resolved. I have not released the server for general testing yet as my current Anti-virus software does not run on the R2 version (surprise!).

So my choices are change AV programs (likely) or reinstall only W23K sp1(more likely) and don't use R2 (most likely).

R2 does lock down a lot. e.g. half my printers would not work until I either upgraded the drivers or reinstalled the same existing driver even if they are 10 years old! One won't do either and Okidata said to install a different printer version of a driver altogether for it. So much for that printers features. Printers are problematic as it is with Macola. Once you get them working, don't touch!

This concerns me when it comes to Macola working in general in this R2 environment. I really don't won't any more surprises down the road.

Bob,

Are you running Pervasive or SQL? I have another customer wanting to throw Pervasive 2000 on a win2k3 server.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
" - unknown

I just realized that I forgot to mention a "small" detail.

We are using SQL on its own W2K server. The Macola application is also on its own W2K server. The problem I am having is upgrading our single NT Terminal Server to two W23K Terminal Servers from which all the users access Macola. No PC's here, all Thin clients (we are also using a new model Thin Client but that’s a different thread). We will later upgrade all the W2K servers to W23K. So my question is not entirely accurate. I am not currently trying to run Macola on a W23K server.

The problem I am having is accessing Macola through the W2KTS’s which is a known issue. Not wanting to face new problems with W23KR2, my question should be has anyone had any issues with Macola and W23KR2 Terminal Server? The Macola solution to the former problem with W2KTS was to upgrade to W23K, which is what we are doing anyway.

We're running a 2003 terminal server that sales reps use to access Macola. Only issue we had was getting all the .dll's to the user folders for the crystal reports to run.

Fishhead,
A sugguestion, its easier to copy the DLL's to your crystal root directory. Not sure why the program doesn't come that way.

This is a problem that goes back to NT Terminal Server that Macola never fixed.

I keep a copy of the Crystal directory with the DLL's on the server and just copy it into the users windows profile as part of my new user setup routine.

I use to copy the DLL to each users profile as well, but then figured what do all users and the program it self have in common, but the crystal directory. Copied the DLL into this directory and works like a champ.

To answer Don's question on win2003 & pervasive 2000, I do have a couple of sites on this & I would recommend sp4 w/hot fixes for pervasive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back