Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2003 Certification 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivs7720

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2004
US
I am planning to take the mcse 2003 cert but I am new in the field with little experience. What would you advise? What materials I need to pass? Do you have any recommendation on what video tutorials to buy? I have the MCSE 2003 MS Kit.

Thank you in advance!

ivs7720,

As long as you don't try to make your DNS server authoritative for another domain...maybe it's better to check with the network admin before you go adding DNS. Whatever you do, don't set it up as a DHCP server within broadcast range of the other Domain Controllers.

I don't believe that there were any DNS questions on 70-290 (though I could be wrong). For 70-291, you'll want to know DNS, DHCP, RDC and Terminal Services inside and out.

It's never too early to start.

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA: Security 2003

Thank you, Wishdiak. Hopefully in the next few months I will be ready for my first test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back