Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaserc

Programmer
Feb 16, 2001
US
can anyone tell me if it is worth it to install windows 2000? what are the advantages to using this OS rather than 95 or 98? Is the installation difficult? thanks
glaserc

Other than a host of hardware incompatibilities, it's a nice OS. If you've got any experience with NT, then it's a breeze, otherwise it's not a good move, unless you WANT the headaches associated with learning a whole new OS. Cheers,
Jim
reboot@pcmech.com
Moderator at Staff at Windows 9x/ME instructor.
Jim's Modems:

By far the most stable Operating System I have used. You do need to do a lot of work to find drivers etc., but once set up it just runs.

it's gotten to the point now, where drivers is not a problem for me at all. they're just as hard to find for 98 now.

(unless you use some special hardware, that is not of the usual , display, inpt, etc) Karl
kb244@kb244.com
Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)

Wait for Windows XP or past known as Whistler...
I hear that ME was a mistake...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back