Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesid

MIS
Mar 23, 2004
US
We are going to be upgrading one of our BDC's to windows 2000. We have a windows 2000 server CD for this but wasn't sure if there i a windows 2000 server upgrade disc or if the full CD will work.

The reason i ask is because i remember with win 95 and win 98 you had to specifically have an upgrade disc as the full version would not work.

Thanx for the help.

You may install the windows 2000 server cd into your nt server and it should autorun. You will be given the options to do a clean install or upgrade. Either way you should not need the early OS CD. If you are upgrading a NT pdc or bdc, you need to do some reading. There is a correct way to upgrade and you don't want to make a mistake. If you are upgrading just a member server, have a good backup of any files and let it go.

Look here for some detailed steps...

JTB
Have Certs, Will Travel
"A knight without armour in a [cyber] land."

Great. Thanx for the info. Much appreciated. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back