Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 to 2003 Change over

Status
Not open for further replies.

stamati

Technical User
Jul 7, 2004
GB
I have 2 sites both belonging to the same domain. However the domain controller in the second site needs to be completely replaced. There are about 25 users there and i would like to know the best way in doing this change over. Please can anyone advise me.

well, there is no easy way to do it. How important is it for it to me seemless to users? How many machines and shares are setup? If not many, then the ADMT by Microsoft is free and will do. If you have an Exchange server and/or lots of users/machines, then I would purchase a migration tool like the one from Quest. If you need a Quest contact, I have one I can send you.

-DJ

I would be glad to give it to you, but I do not know how to send it to you. I was told my the site owners here not to post any emails or anything. So, I dont know how to get it to you on here or thru email.

-DJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back