Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 sp3, Metaframe XP FR2, SP2 printing problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigpenn01

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2002
US
I am having problems printing with on a Windows 2000 Server, SP3 running Metaframe XP SP2, FR2. Seems to be when printing from a database on a seperate server, or when printing from mapped drives. Any way around this??

If I understand it right, you mean that the database is printing to another printserver ? Or are you printing from the Citrix server with the client. If the first is the case, is it a unix server ?

We are trying to print from the client. It seems to be only when the database is located on a different server as the citrix server. In this case both the citrix server and the database server are Win2k. The print job never hits the queue, and it doesnt matter if it is an ICA or RDP connection.

If you are on a citrix desktop, are you then able to print to that specific printer ? How does the client handle the printing jobs ? Does it print directly to a queue ?

I have tried printing from a desktop session and also printing directly to IP and not through the print server. Neither of these have worked for me.

Have you installed the same driver on the Citrix server as the one on the printserver ? Can you make a printermapping to the printer on the citrixserver ? Often your problem happens if you do not have the same drivers installed. Check versions and languages. Or try to make a networkprinter mapping so it automatically downloads the driver from the printerserver. I assume the printserver is a win2k server ?

We have the printers mapped via logon script every time that the user logs in to the session. This will use the current printer driver from the print server. We have tried changing the driver to see if that would work, no luck. The printserver is Win2k.

This looks like exactly what is happening. Do you know of any other way to fix this besides calling microsoft??
Thanks for your help.

If you are getting exactly the same sort of Event Log entry as that described in the article then you'll need to contact Microsoft Product Support Services for the post-SP3 hotfix. There is no charge for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back