Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 Service Pack 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenjacks

Technical User
Nov 18, 2003
US
Is there a way to either install Microsoft VM on Windows 2000, Service Pack 4 or to uninstall SP4 so I can install VM?

As far as I know, you can only uninstall SP4 if during the install you selected the option to archive old files.

If there is a way to go back to SP3 if you didn't archive the files, I'd really like to know about it. Anybody???

Kenjacks:

I've been holding off on installing SP4 to see how much trouble others have been having since they did the install. Do you regret that you did it? how are you better off? Should I do it?

Thanks,
Will

Policekauk

I have never had any problems with win2k SP4 on any pc I have installed it.

It's been out for well over 6 months now so I definately think you should install it as there is a reason why it got released as it fixed problems with the OS.

Thanks for the replies. I found a web site ( that has a full build of MS Virtual Machine and that worked. SP4 has worked fine; no complaints. I would advise choosing to archive the old files as an insurance policy. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back