Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 Server root hard disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

welshdude

Technical User
Mar 26, 2003
GB
I have a windows 2000 server running with a raid 5 config using a diffrent drive, My 10gb hard disk is running at 100% and none of my clients are using that drive the use the D: is there a way to tell what processes are using the c:\ drive

Hope u can help

Check your temp variables, if you didn't change them they are pointing to C:. Where to set? Mycomputer/properties/advanced/environment variables.

ALso, eventually you can remove the cache from that drive, forcing windows to keep cache on another one. (same path to set , then Performance options).

Gia Betiu
giabetiu@chello.nl
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5, MCSE Win2K

Sorry mate im not fermilar with varibales, could you explain more sorry to be stupid just never come accross them

Thanks

Just go were I said, you will see them there:
User variables: TEMP, TMP
System variables: TEMP, TMP

Press edit and write the path that you want (before you have to create those directories of course)

Gia Betiu
giabetiu@chello.nl
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5, MCSE Win2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back