Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 Server Boot Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenPilgrim

Technical User
Mar 8, 2002
US
Hello,
I have a 2000 server boot problem. I got finished installing it and when it starts up it gives me a stop error 0X00000050, 51 or 1E. Then after the memory dump, it reboots and stalls at the temputure screen. I have chek to see if everything I got is on the HCL and I have 320 mb of ram, a 10 gig hd. I reinstalled it tree times already. What is wrong?

What can you read in that blue screen? Should be an error message too. Gia Betiu
giabetiu@chello.nl
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5, soon MCSE2k

the message is PAGE_FAULT_IN NONPAGED_AREA. I read it and I did that what it said. Everyting is in compliant.

Can you go into safe mode, and tell it not to re-boot, set to small memory dump and then re-boot to see what happens? Just curious. Glen A. Johnson
Johnson Computer Consulting
MCP W2K
glen@johnsoncomputers.us

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884
"Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything,
we ought to know a little about everything."
Blaise Pascal

i cant even go to safe mood, it freezes when it is booting to safe mood.

Is it the basic installation after which you get this error?

double check your jumper setting on HD. I have had the same problem before. Alsow, LBA ,I think has to be enabled as well. This is a hardware issue.
Good Luck

I've had a similar problem with an NT 4.0 server and I replaced the HAL.DLL file, that took care of the problem back then, this seems to be a different situation since you re-installed the OS three times already.

I agree with Alex16, it has to be a hardware issue.

Zac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back