Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 Server and Home directories... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raid99

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2003
US
I am trying to find a way through a script to setup the home directory for users. When I use a script (using addusers) it puts the entry into the corect field (drive letter and the \\server\users\username), but it doesn't create the folder or permissions for the user. It works fine if I go through Active Directory Users and Computers and add a new user.

On a side note, can you limit the users folders to a certain size?

Thanks.

Why don't you just add the users directory in active directory under profile tab, Home folder?
Check connect add the drive letter to assign the home directory Z: and add the path. If you use the %username% at the end of the path the user directory and permissions will be automatically set.
EXample: \\server01\users\%mylastname%

I think I read that you can limit directory size, but Im not sure if it is in windows 2000 or XP.

That works great, except that I am doing it for 1000 users 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back