Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows 2000 remote connection????

Status
Not open for further replies.

lefty78

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2002
US
I know that windows xp professional can accept remote connections and that the option is just a simple checkbox in the system properties. I am looking for a way to do the same with windows 2000 professional. I have had success in ripping XP's msconfig for use on 2000, but not sure on the remote thing.

Thanks wolluf. I have the vnc currently and also use netmeeting. I am really looking for someone who has succesfully ripped the RPC listener from XP for use on windows 2000. I have XP's msconfig and it will run on windows 2000 and I am looking for the same outcome. I guess maybe I am a bit greedy, but I just like the remote desktop software that XP uses and accepts.

I have found that Yu can use the Client side of it but as Far as I have been able to tell the Host side is built into Windows XP and Is not transferrable.

If anyone can do this I would also Appreciate it.

I have tried and tried again and again....no luck yet. I have read this
a recent story that explains M$ may put a downloadable update on their site that will install the host on XP-home....and I am sure there will be an easier way to get that on 2000....or mabey they will honor their broad base of loyal customers and let it be applicable to 2k as well as XP. I mean, come on, 2k was supposed to have been made to ease LAN administration.....we will see....anyone that has some insight on the remote desktop host...PLEASE, post it...we want to know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back