Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 Professional Printing Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatipr

Technical User
Mar 12, 2004
US
Hi Everyone,

I have a print job that I can't delete. I have tried everything. I'm running windows 2000 professional. I have shut the printer on and off, re-booted the computer and the print job is still there. I have gotten the message that I don't have rights. etc.......... Is there something else that I can do, I am stumped!!!!

Thanks
Tati

Hmm, various solutions are possibilities.

Since it says you dont have rights (to stop the printing i assume) You should probably log onto a win2k Administrator level account. (the default name is Administrator in win2k w/o a password)

You have tried turning the printer on and off, but this may not be enough. Sometimes physically unplugging the printer for 30 seconds will clear its memory and stop bringing back you annoying document.

If this is a somewhat frequent occurance, if I had the problem, eventually I would just uninstall the printer software and drivers, and then reinstall them.

In addition, be sure to get the latest drivers for your printer. Also, be sure you have upgraded win2k to the latest update at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back