Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 processes

Status
Not open for further replies.

NLuknor

MIS
Nov 3, 2003
US
I work for MTV on Long Island. We recently implemented Win2k onto all of our workstations. We are using Office XP Professional along with windows 2k. Now my question is on our dell dual 800mhz machines, it seems that they are laggin extremely bad after the upgrade. I recently recieved a new PC that is a 2.4 gig processor etc and dont see much lag. So I am thinking it is either a process running on this machine, or something is goin wierd with these Dual PC's. Lag's that I am talkin about include horrid Network Neighborhood response times as if you click, it takes a while to cache, as on other machines it goes much quicker. Another thing is when you right click on a icon on the desktop, it takes about 30 seconds with a hour glass sitting there for the "open" "send to" and "properties" are located. This also happens on my p4 machine. If I log on locally as administrator, it is fine. Now I know some of you are going to say its your network/computers but the network on NT was much more efficient than it is on 2k on these certain machines. If anyone has any tricks, or anything they could share to help me out, I would greatly appriciate it!

They might if you'd post in the appropriate forum. This is Microsoft Office 9x/2k/XP, NOT the 2k OS support forum.

I apoligize. Will read a little more carefully next time. It also has to do with Office when you are using word, etc. The computer locks up on and off for 1.5 second intervals. Not continously, but every so often that lockup occurs.

SOunds symptomatic of a larger issue, maybe a Service Pack prob (?), but, try posting here: forum 616 ... you'll probably have better luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back