Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 Pro - remote access

Status
Not open for further replies.

deguveja

Technical User
Aug 8, 2003
US
How do I provide myself with remote access to my W2K pro machine? I'm guessing I have to create a terminal services account but I'm clueless as to how to configure it.

help please..

Terminal services is not an optin with W2K Pro (need W2K server).

If you want to spend money, try pcanywhere. If you want something free, try VNC at

if you want to see other computer then copy adminpak.msi from your server or server CD, install it on your 2k pro machine, or you can download free vns from realvnc.com or hope it will work for you.

Knowledge is a key of success.

SQLBaby,

I know that terminal services is not an option with W2K Pro, but is there any way to install it on a W2K Pro box using the 2000 Server CD or something? And can you elaborate on installing the adminpak.msi on the W2k Pro box? I installed it but am not clear how that helps me remote control my W2K Pro box. Thanks in advance!

Yes, you can search this adminpak.msi file on the Windows Server cd or any running serevr hard drive, copy that file on your pro box and double click on it, it will install on your machine and then you can see it in Start-programmes+Administrator tools. This is basicaly give you a lot of cadmin controlls on the other machines on the network.

otherwise you can install VNC, this is free download and works fine, we are using this too in our office and its good.

Knowledge is a key of success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back