Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 pro. programs menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmtjet

Technical User
Jun 2, 2001
US
Here's my problem; I have so many programs installed on my computer that the programs list expands too far to the right and I can't see them all. How can I get a scrollable list? Thanks.

Do the following:

Start -> Settings -> Taskbar & Start Mwnu... -> Advanced -> Start Menu Settings -> scoll to the bottom of the list and check off "Scroll the Programs menu" -> Apply -> OK

After doing this your programs menu will be shown as one column with an arrow at the top and/or bottom for scrolling the list.

You may also want to check off "Use Personlized Menus" under the "General" tab. This will make it so only the frequently used programs appear until you want the list to expand. It is very helpful.

Jim: A+, MCP W2k, Master Electrician

"The important thing is to not stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing..."
-Albert Einstein

Thanks, that was just what I was looking for. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back