Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 network problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickM512

Technical User
Feb 11, 2002
US
I have had my 2 Windows 2000 machines connected and networked for several months without issues. Today I treid to access my other mahine and I get a Login Error. I can see the other machine and I get the login prompt, when I enter the username and password I get this error
"Login Failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer" I have never seen this. I made sure the account was not disabled etc. I dont get it? Any clues??

Wow...
I thought I knew a lot about W2KPro...I stand corrected. That is a good question, however. Let me get in touch with a bud of mine and see what he, the "one-who-knows-more-than-the-vendor" kinda guy, and I'll get back to ya. If you find out what it is before I get back to ya, post it.

Happy Hunting!!! :)

--Rich

Sounds like somebody changed the Local Security Policy to 'Deny Local Logon'.

Thanks for the help. I found it. I had to go into the Security policy and ADD my the other users (my other username) to allow login from the network. Seemed to have worked. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back