Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 IIS5 - ASP Doesnt work. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukwebsite

Programmer
Dec 9, 2000
GB
Please help

I have a Windows 2000 Pro PC running IIS 5. When IIS is set up with its default settings and started, it wont run ASP files. The server show normal html files fine but when you try to run an ASP you get :

Server Application Error
The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance.

The message in the event log is

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: W3SVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 36
Date: 18/12/2000
Time: 14:17:01
User: N/A
Computer: WAX016
Description:
The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT'. The error was 'No such interface supported
'.
For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at:

I am unable to find anything on the Microsoft site.

I know that it's not the actual ASP files as ive tryed it with the sample IIS site. I have tryed completly removing IIS and reinstalling. I have had Windows 2000 SP1 on and off and nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have any clues?

Cheers
Matthew Wilde
matthew@ukwebsite.com

I have the same problem.
As usaual Microsoft releases it products before fully removing bugs.
I search their site an found nothing on this problem

MS has lots to do with it. I have had over 50 emails asking if i found the problem. Many people get this error. So i would say thats it's MS
Matthew Wilde
matthew@ukwebsite.com

..could be that you haven't set script execute privileges on site properties? It seem that IIS isn't able to run ASP scripts.

...Did you configured your Web Site to be an Application, to have execute privileges, and to display all error messages?? If so, what does the log says??
Did you solved your problem yet?

:~/

Do you have crystal reports 8.0 or higher on the same machine as IIS, if so then download follow this link and then download and install the cyrstal patch. (When you run the actual atch it takes a couple of seconds and you won't see any activity but his has ran. Simply reboot and your problem is solved)

Neo,
It works !! Thanks for your post. It's been bugging me for several days, finally it's done with Seagate patch.

Thanks,

I got the same problem. I think it may have been caused by me changing the folder for the website from shared to not shared. I reset the application settings and the error disappears.

go into c:\inetpub\adminscripts

and run this command

Cscript synciwam.vbs

and restart your then try to access

Jahangir

Neo, your a legend.

I've been head butting the wall for days.

With the same problems.

Guys I have the same problem.... Tried Neo's method (even though I do not have crystal reports) and also tried Jakans... nothing works for me :(

Can anyone suggest something else??

Jakhan:
From where (or what program ) do I run the script Cscript synciwam.vbs, this is obviously a program that won't run from the command line.

I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back